Monday 16 September 2013

High Sugar Levels Are Linked with Memory Loss

Type 2 diabetes often occurs with overweight but did you know that high sugar levels are associated with memory loss?

I read this in an article on one woman’s weight problem:
"I was becoming increasingly forgetful, leaving the cooker on, burning things, not able to remember anything," said Maureen."I was afraid that I was heading towards dementia or Alzheimer's."My doctor gave me some memory tests, which I couldn't do, and she referred me to a memory clinic."They were concerned about my very high blood sugar levels and explained that there was a link between high sugar levels and memory loss."I didn't know this but apparently when sugar levels are high, blood thickening occurs which reduces the amount of oxygen reaching the brain. This can affect memory and concentration."
This makes sense to me.  Solving your weight problem can improve the symptoms, reduce the need for medication or even eliminate Type 2 diabetes which in itself has terrible complications:
-          Short-term complications includehypoglycaemia, diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA), and hyperosmolar hyperglycaemic state (HHS).
-          Long-term complications include how diabetes affects your eyes (retinopathy), heart (cardiovascular disease), kidneys (nephropathy), and nerves and feet (neuropathy).

If you are overweight and have Type 2 Diabetes it is time to do something about your eating habits.

As an experienced Consulting Hypnotist, I help people worldwide over Skype to resolve issues with eating, motivation to exercise and the self-belief and self-acceptance which may be lacking due to hidden messages heard in childhood.  I sometimes use Gastric Band Hypnosis but each person who comes to me is an individual and I work with everyone to obtain the results they can achieve.  Find out more at http://www.englishskypehypnotist.com/slim-healthy-you/

No comments: