Friday, 20 April 2012

Aspartame Dangers

Before you reach for another sugar free "diet" drink, read this:

Aspartame is considered the most dangerous food additive on the market today. Aspartame's main compounds are Aspartic Acid, Phenylalanine, and Methanol. These combine to kill neurons in the brain, poison the body and are linked to an enormous amounts of health effects. In any other scenario this substance would be considered poison and recommendation for non ingestion would be made on the bottle. But because this poisonous substance has been approved by food and drug associations, its legal. And we all know why ;)

Some comments I found:

The worst is "sugar free". Diabetics and and parents with children always fall victim to it. Diabetics for obvious reasons, and young children because their parents think they are cutting back on sweet things. You could blind fold me, and I would be able to tell you right away what the product has, or hasn't been sweetened with. There are many alternatives to sweetening foods you cook and serve yourself. Like honey, or natural sugars. 

My aunt had a nervous breakdown due to drinking lots of diet soda with aspartame, and the doctor's first question was not are you feeling depressed, but do you drink lots of diet soda?

Aspartame gives me enormous migraines. I hate when you go to get a sugar drink at a drive through and they give you diet instead of regular. It puts me out for 2 days!

It is well established since 1985 that it is linked to obesity; it soaks up added water in the fat cellls, MIGRAINES, sleep disturbances, unspecified allergic dermamtitis, unspecified weight gain, etc...

In 1987 I was suffering so badly from Migraine headaches that my family doctor didn't know what to do...he sent me to The Cleveland Clinic Foundation (Cleveland, Ohio) for diagnosis and treatment. The FIRST thing they told me to do was STOP USING ASPARTAME!! Then trademarked primarily as Nutrasweet. I have been aspartame-free for 24 years and feel much better than when I used it daily. ALSO...I would much RATHER use good old natural sugar---granulated or sugar in the raw than any artificial sweetener BECAUSE the USDA allows a POISON like Aspartame! **A friend of my mother-in-law told me that aspartame has also been linked to LEARNING DISABILITIES! I doubted it, until my oldest son was diagnosed with them...

While sugar--or too much of anything is not good for us, we must learn some MODERATION! I use very little sugar. My coffee creamer has enough in it, therefore I do not add more to my coffee. I regulate the in-take of sugar consumption, fruit is still sugar---sugar by any other name is still sugar---fructose, lactose etc yep---still sugar! I'll take that over something manufactured in some plant somewhere that is poison to us.

Source: Truth Network